Zambia @ 55 Years
Black Tie Event
Date: October 19, 2019
Welcome Reception: 6:00 PM
Event Commencement: 7:00 PM
Location: Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, 246 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE, Atlanta GA 30346 (Book your group rate for Zambia at 55 Years of Independence)
Speakers: His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Ngosa Simbyakula, Julie Anne Savarit Cosenza, Co-Founder of the Africa Education Program and Markus Green, Assistant General Counsel for Pfizer, Inc.
Event Theme: Empowering African Diaspora in Economic Development. . . Celebrating 55 Years of Peace.
Event Price: $150 to $200
- Celebrate 55 years of independence and peace and share Zambia’s untold story
- Promote investment, entrepreneurial and tourist opportunities between Atlanta and Zambia
- Build and strengthen social, cultural and economic ties between Zambians and those in the diaspora
- Promote leadership, responsibility and accountability beyond 55 years of Independence
And to get you started here are some interesting facts about Zambia…
- Victoria Falls located in Livingstone has the largest natural waterfall in the world and is one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
- Lake Kariba on the Zambia-Zimbabwe border forms the world’s largest reservoir by volume.
- Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage in Chingola located in the Copperbelt Province is the largest chimp sanctuary in the world with over 200 chimpanzees.
- Aside from the United States, Zambia is the only other country in the world that has a black president and white vice president.
- Zambia has held five elections since independence and peacefully transitioned between presidents without civil unrest.
- Zambia, with 14 million people, is a landlocked country and shares borders with eight neighboring states in south central Africa
Meet Our Speakers
Dr. Ngosa Simbyakula
Ambassador of the Republic of Zambia to the United States of America
Assistant General Counsel for Pfizer, Inc.
Julie Anne Savarit Cosenza
Co-Founder, Africa Education Program
Julie-Anne Savarit-Cosenza is a co-founder and the executive director of the African Education Program (AEP), a Radnor High School-born non-profit organization. More about Juli-Anne >>
John Edozie is a sought-after attorney, advisor and subject matter expert on international corporate transactions and commercial litigation with special emphasis on Nigeria, Kenya and other parts of Africa.
Prof. Kenneth K. Mwenda
Extraordinary Professor of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Businesswoman & Talk Show Host
Actor | Writer | Producer
CEO and Founder of Ujama
Mrs. Naomi King
Wife of the late Rev. Alfred Daniel King, the brother of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Former President and CEO for GE South Africa
Dr. Joseph H. Beasley
Founder, Joe Beasley Foundation
Dr. Earl Suttle
Founder and Chairman of Leadership Success International, LLC
Division Chief in the International Monetary Fund
SVP Finance, Starbucks
Entertainers / MC’s
Deejay Flo Kid
Lukwesa Morin is a model, Humanitarian, and the first ever Miss African Union Queen 2019. She received a Masters in Public Policy and Public Administration from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science from Gettysburg College.
Click here to learn more
Chishala Chitoshi Jr
Chishala Chitoshi, Jnr, debuted on Radio 4 during summer break from law school at Zambia’s National broadcaster, ZNBC. He has been in the business for 15 years as Master of Ceremony within & outside Zambia.
Beneficiary: Africa Education Program
PLAY the video below to learn more about the Africa Education Program’s impact.